Saturday, July 27, 1985

Housework



Immediately on actually plopping-down into my new place, i set about  fixing  it up, starting with paint.   At first I was just going to re-paint the walls but noticed that the moldings had been repainted so many times they had become a blur.  So I undertook to strip the paint from the window frames.  A note on July 26 says, "still stripping." A note for July 28 says "Standard Brands and hardwood for couches."  A note for August 1 says "am moved in, major painting finished." 

But that was only the beginning of what would be an ongoing building and decorating project.  The Farm House apartment was advertised as a "one bedroom."  It was really a studio with alcoves, including bathroom and kitchenette.   My basic idea was to build a fold-out bed arrangement in the main room and use the entire alcove bedroom for an office.  But as I could never quite finish my own designs for a pull out couch/bed, i mostly ended up turning the alcove into a bunk-and-desk quarters.