Monday, July 1, 1991

Path to the Shack


The path to the shack began down at a landing area to the side of the road.  It rose up and wound to the left
 



(where I had a stand off with Mr. Skunk)

 


the path dipped and rose and dipped and rose
 



before some last shallow turns before the "straigthway" into the cabin

 




-----------------------------------------
These trail pictures are at the beginning of a roll of film that includes the first pictures taken at Lakeshore in Oakland, which was therefore the last roll of film I shot in Canyon.  I estimate that the trail pictures were taken in mid-July, certainly no earlier than June, given the yellowing of the grass.    The last photograph was taken by Mikey and could have been taken in February 92. I'd ask him if he were speaking to me.

Its amazing how much the cats hewed to their self-defined "home-area."  When I first moved in I worried that the cats might get loose wander wide and get lost.   But they never did.  Hobbes would sometimes follow me down to the landing, and on a few occasions be there  when I returned but he never ventured further. ... At least as far as I know.  What they did at night, I have no idea.