Thursday, May 14, 1992

Canyon Cabin










































My fondest memory is when Mikey came to visit in February or March with his adoptive dog, Bronte (who definitely did not like me).   It began to rain at night and the dark, silence of the woods made the clatter of raid drops on the roof seem even louder.  For fun, we played vorspiel to the Walküre at full volume. 



Later that same evening, Mikey insisted on pushing me past Wagner. I recall sitting in the table-chair next to the lamp on the left as he induced me into Ives, Three Places in New England and Country Band March.  



P.S. - I know the picture frame between the two lamps is too high but what with all the other stuff that needed doing i hadn't gotten around to filling and lowering the frame.   It annoys me too but gimme a break...